cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on the burst affecting BR1 / BR2

MA
Thames Trooper

Any indication when the businesses in Homesdale Road and Linden House will be contacted about emergency water supply and resumion of normal service?

Cameron1970
Flush Master

Same holding message. ETA, please?  It's advisable to look and digest the content of previous detailed reply.

Alex Hughes
Thames Trooper

Further to the comment

"We’re in communication with local businesses in your local area"

By what means?

I have had no text messages, telephone calls etc. I have even tried to speak to the contractors directly.

We simply need to know when the repairs are expected to be completed by.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @EllaA, hopefully your water supply has returned by the time you get back but if not. Check back for an update just before you return home and hopefully we'll have more information for you then. Really sorry you have been impacted. 

NC
Thames Trooper

Same - I've had no text updates despite giving my no. to be added to receive these.  I'm not a local business but would still like to be informed.  I do feel for our local businesses though, and the impact of 2 days loss of trading I imagine is huge.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MrsLaw, I'm sorry you have been impacted over the last day or two. I totally understand how frustrating this is and our latest update from the site is that they are working as quickly as possible to restore supply via an infusion, which means we try and re-route water from another part of the network for those who have lost it so hopefully people in the area begin to get water through their taps back soon. I'm chasing an update for you which I'll post as an update. Really sorry for the disruption. Our compensation information is available on our website here: https://www.thameswater.co.uk/help-and-advice/customer-commitment/our-commitment-to-you. 

EllaA
Water Royalty

there is a flaw in this as those with out internet,many of my neighbours, some elderly, how will thye know to sign up about this. REeally need to get out into community and get helping door to door or more local points

Cameron1970
Flush Master

No ETA, scared to commit...

Community Manager
Community Manager

@EllaA Thanks for the feedback and I'll pass this back to the team. We have committed to getting more of our customers, who may require additional support on the register but i apprecaite that may not help them right now. If you are in touch with anyone that requires help that would be eligible, they can call our helpline on 0800 316 9800. Once again, really sorry that you are impacted.   

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Cameron1970, the repair works are taking longer than usual as our damaged water pipe is next to two high voltage cables and a gas main which adds a level of complexity to the overall repair. As soon as I get more information from the site, I'll update this page. Apprecaite how frustrating this is and I'm really sorry for the disruption.