cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on the burst affecting BR1 / BR2

Joe C
Thames Trooper
Everyone “pipe” down , just one of those things get on with it .

Cheers
Joe
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NC Hi there, I'll feed this back into the team - at the moment, we're working to bring you back into supply by re-routing water from another part of the network. As soon as I hear more from the site, I'll post an update. I'm really sorry and I know how frustrating this can be. 

Joe C
Thames Trooper
Everyone “pipe” down it’s just one of those things get on with it.

Cheers
Cameron1970
Flush Master

Appreciate your reply, doesn't hold a great deal of water though, (no pun intended) most things can be built in 48 hours these days, let alone repaired.  Still no ETA. So no contigency, or in other words, no clue.

Marc
Thames Trooper

Firstly, do you really think I care about my avatar??

Has any thought been given to providing portaloos at the water collection point?  I raised this when I was there, to be berated by Mr Paul Chapman of Thames Water, saying it was only his concern to preserve life.  He said that defacating was a hygiene matter and not life threatening, and so was not his concern.  He said if I wanted to take it up, I should contact my MP.  I'm not sure why your customer services are unable to consider this sort of suggestion, but in line with his request I did indeed mention it to my MP.  I'm really not sure why I need to get my MP involved; is Thames Water so incapable that it cannot handle its own complaints?

Further, the water station was only allowing two packs of water per household, regardless of the number of people in the house.  So if you have one person resident or a family of five, you still get the same amount of water.  Whose bright idea was that to consider households rather than number of residents?

This is the third time we have had a major burst main on Bromley Common in the last five years.  Each time has incurred restricted water supply and closed roads for up to a week.  This is intolerable, and suggests that you are merely patching leaks rather than addressing the cause.  If it is a 12" pipe, then that is a pretty major water feed into Bromley, and probably deserves a bit more attention than just a 'patch job' each time.

Cameron1970
Flush Master

Like I said before, there's definately a good case for a class action against Thames Water here, they've no idea what they are doing, have damaged the Gas mains themselves and cannot provide an ETA for a fix and yes this is a continual problem, they will not invest in a perm fix.  The messages from CS online and on this platform are just general holding messages. No ETA's / SLA's being quoted or relied upon anywhere.

Lachiexyz
Flusher

Duplicate...

Lachiexyz
Flusher

@Cameron1970 Take a step back dude, and consider the dangers and the risks of the job they have in front of them. Water + electricity is not a great mix, so they're no doubt making sure the repairs they need to do will also mitigate the risk of hitting the power and/or the gas and causing even more disruption to the local area. Not to mention the danger to the engineers carrying out the work. Yes it's an inconvenience, yes the traffic is brutal, yes the lack of water isn't ideal, but seriously, do you think they're just standing around navel gazing? How can they give an ETA when they don't actually know what the plan is, or how long it's going to take? Have some perspective...

Joe C
Thames Trooper
I think everyone needs to “pipe” down things happen get on with it

Cheers
Joe
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Alex Hughes Hi Alex, Really sorry you've had the disruption you have over the past two days. Supply should be returning to your taps as we speak. Thank you for your patience and I'm really sorry you were impacted.