cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sessions to school children about the fatberg and what not to flush stuff?

Go to solution
SachV
Water Royalty

I'm a Thames Water customer and have been for many years as I live in London. My cousin works for you so i often hear about the things you're doing and I've really enjoyed seeing all the bits about the Fatberg and sewer damage and some of your PR articles about things you've found there have been amazing.

I have some neighbours who have children and I was curious to know if you do anything with children in schools or provide lesson plans to teachers for them to run their own session because I don't recall anyting like this when i was studying (must admit, that was about 15 years ago!) and i think young people such as my neighbours would really benefit from things. Just a thought!

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @SachV

Thank you for your feedback! I will be sure to pass it on to our PR team, I'm sure they will appericate it. Smiley Happy

Guess what? We do have a programme where schools can visit one of our treatment facilities! The school can also request one of our volunteer community speakers to visit the school too. We also have exciting lesson plans and modules for teachers to use for an engaging discussion about...you guessed it WATER! Smiley Happy

Please pass on our school resource page to your neighbours. Hope you had a great weekend and thank you for participation. Smiley Very Happy

SachV
Water Royalty

That's great - thank you. I'll pass that on to my neighbours and sister in law who happens to be a primary school teacher. Seems a no brainer to attend a centre for a day if the cost is minimal.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome @SachV! Let me know if you have anymore questions! Smiley Happy

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @SachV

Here's a blog you can pass on to your neighbours about our education centres! Smiley Happy