cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bee help

Water_wizzard
Thames Trooper
Hi,
A few local bee keeping enthusiasts are creating an Apiary not far from the Queen Elizabeth reservoir. We hope to grow our bee colonies over the next few years and help our dwindling bee population. Everyday we drive past the local reservoirs and we have wondered what it would be like to have the slopes covered in wild flowers, heather and other flowering plants that pollinators love to feed from.
Imagine a suburban reservoir that resembles the slopes of a Highland hill? I think it would look amazing and have an enormous environmental benefit.
At the moment the slopes are mainly grass covered which does not provide any forage for bees and butterflies etc. Although there are a few sheep.
So how about it Thanes Water? Time to rethink the possibilities of what we can do with those big grassy man made hills?
😊👍🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Water_wizzard, I'm not an expert on this myself but let me get a few colleagues to look into for you - you never know and no idea is a bad idea! 

Water_wizzard
Thames Trooper
Great! I’d be very happy to chat the idea through with anyone at TW. It could have a massive positive impact on the health of our bee population.
Thanks again!