Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning with Winnovators

Highlighted
Thames Water Employee

Learning with Winnovators

Hi Community!

My name’s David and I am heading up the 'Learn' portion of H2W0W’s Winnovators project. I graduated with a PhD from the university of Surrey in 2019 and have been working as Continuous Improvement Lead at the Customer Solution Centre in Slough. It’s been a fantastic 9 months, but pretty soon I’ll be moving on to work at Abbey Mills Pumping Station to work on catchment improvement projects for strategic pumping a trunk sewers.

The 'Learn' aspect of Winnovators is a way to set objectives, plan/progress development for individuals and the team, and to track what we learn throughout the project. When Winnovators began I saw it as an opportunity work on skills that I do not currently consider strengths, and managing the learn portion of the project has been perfect for this. I’ve been able to my ‘HR’ people skills through carrying out 1:1s with members of our team, tracking individuals progress and ensuring that the whole team is focussed on the same objectives and have the tools they need to get us there. It’s really been a joy to be actively engaged in the development of others and is definitely something I will continue to work on throughout Winnovators and the rest of my career within Thames.

Heading up learn is also a great opportunity to innovate; we will be using some new ideas and techniques to develop as individuals and as a team which are not currently used at Thames… so watch this space!

H2W0W.jpgTeam H2W0W